At Broomhill Infant School we believe that purposeful, relevant home learning can play a valuable part in a child’s education. We also feel strongly that children should have the opportunity to play, socialise and relax. Home learning is designed to support and reinforce learning taking place in school. As staff, we give careful consideration to making home learning suitable and well balanced across school.
Please view our Remote Learning Policy here.
We have created a Google Classroom exclusively for each class to set home learning tasks for parents/carers and their child to access at home. During the national lockdown, there are classed based Google Meets each morning at 9.15am.
To sign in and access the free service ‘Google Classroom’ (https://classroom.google.com/), pupils use their own individual Google account created by school - parents/carers should have received a letter with these details.
If you encounter any difficulties accessing Google Classroom, please use the following guides for support:
Alternatively, please contact school via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Other useful home learning resources/links:
- Audible Stories - 100s of kids' audiobooks for free
- BBC Early years resources for learning at home
- BBC Biteseize - Primary daily lessons
- BBC Bitesize - Starting primary school
- BookTrust HomeTime
- Dough Disco with Shonette Bason-Wood (9:30am, Monday to Friday)
- Education Endowment Foundation - Support resources to share with parents
- English Glossary (including all the technical grammatical terms used in the programmes of study for English)
- Help primary school children continue their education during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Hungry Little Minds - Activities for kids, from newborn to five
- Lydia Monks - How to draw...
- Oak National Academy online classroom and resource hub
- P.E. with Joe - a free, live workout aimed at kids (9:00am, Monday, Wed and Friday)
- Pete McKee's Cartoon Workshop for Beginners
- Sheffield Family Centres - Links, ideas, tips and resources
- Sheffied Libraries - The eLibrary
- Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust - Activities for Children
- The Arches School Sport Partnership - Active Resources for Home Learning
- The World of David Walliams
- NSPCC Online Safety During Coronavirus