Art and Design
To develop a curriculum which:
- Is exciting and stimulating
- Teaches children to use a range of techniques and media
- Allows each work to be appreciated by an audience.
- Children are taught skills in a sequential and progressive order.
- Art is taught explicitly every other half term.
- There are opportunities for pupils to practise art skills in the continuous provision in each class, all the time.
- We have an artist of the half term. There is a display in the hall and the Art Leader will talk to the children about the life and work of that artist in assembly
- In class we regularly look at and discuss the work of famous artists.
- We often create work based on the artists studied.
- Teachers always use the correct vocabulary when talking about art.
Art competitions and exhibitions are held regularly.
- Children will develop skills in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art techniques.
- Children will be able to express their opinions on the work of famous artists and express preferences.
Children will have a love of art and feel confident to express themselves through creative processes.